Services for men
Youthfulness and attractiveness are not just a preoccupation of women alone. Men too have rejuvenation needs and you can see this from the numerous health and fitness studios and spas that cater to men’s unique needs. Sometimes mere camouflaging does not work in fixing a physical appearance issue. You need to consider longer lasting treatments. There are various non-surgical cosmetic services available for men at Rejuvé which are safe and effective. You get natural appearing results with little to no pain or downtime. Dr. John Tang from the San Jose Bay Area understands the special needs of men’s rejuvenation and he has tried many of these services himself. From basic self enhancement treatment to anti-aging laser treatments or even body sculpting, men can get it all done at Rejuvé. Rejuvé is proud to offer men rejuvenation and body enhancement services for the San Jose Bay Area which serves San Francisco, Oakland, Santa Cruz, and the surrounding communities of Saratoga, Los Gatos, Campbell, Palo Alto, Mountain View, and Los Altos.
Highlights of some of the services for men:
Skin Products – Men can get away with more wrinkles than women but they need help with their skin too. They can be more rugged but they still can benefit from having their skin look clean and taken care of. Rejuve offers a great home facial scrub that can be used to clear out the harsh environmental impurities and give a nice clean feel. For other men who want more help with their wrinkles, there are a number of different skin product options that can be used in combination with treatments or for men not quite ready to do any in office treatments.
Acne Scars – Men want to look handsome and have flawless skin; however they too are affected by acne and look for help to remove these unattractive acne scars.
A number of treatments are available for acne scars. Chemical peels can help improve any superficial blemishes. For superficial scars, the Fraxel can help smooth out the scars; while for the deeper scars, a resurfacing laser called the CO2 laser or the Fractora which uses microneedling RFcan be used. However, each treatment is tailored to meet your goals, expectations, cost, and lifestyle.
As we age our skin goes through a number of changes. Both men & women are prone to wrinkles, but men tend to get wrinkles at a later stage than women. Some of the common causes for wrinkles are overexposure to sunlight, weight fluctuations, smoking, environmental toxins, and hormone changes.
There are many types of wrinkle treatments available. Some of them are highlighted below:
- BOTOX® or Dysport – It is a non-surgical treatment that can temporarily reduce moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, forehead lines, or crow’s feet (wrinkles around the eyes when smiling). The procedure takes only a few minutes and there is only minor discomfort. Within days and up to 1 week, you will notice an improvement in the moderate to severe lines that can last up to 4 months. Results may vary.
- Restylane® or Restylane Lyft – It is a safe and natural cosmetic dermal filler made from hyaluronic acid that restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. It can also be used to improve the hollowness underneath the eyes and areas around the mouth, and it can enhance depressed cheeks. It can be used to soften the marionette lines which causes the sad lines that connect the corners of the mouth to the jawline.
- JUVEDERM™ – It is an injectable dermal filler made from hyaluronic acid that is used to fill and smoothen moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Some of the common areas where it can be used to improve the skin are areas between nose and upper lip, below the lower lip, depressed scars, cheeks, and below the eyes.
- Radiesse™ – It is an injectable product made up of calcium hydroxyapetite which helps build collagen and therefore quite different from Restylane and Juvederm. It is best used when then is for patients with deeper folds or wrinkles. It is best used for patients with deeper folds or wrinkles or in the cheeks to help lift the face or jowls, particularly when an entire non surgical face lift is done. It usually does last longer than Restylane or Juvederm, lasting 1 year or more.
- Sculptra™ – It is an injectable product made up of poly-L-Lactic acid which is the same material used to make sutures. This material causes cells in your skin to produce collagen. Unlike the other products, this product takes months to see the results, but it gives the most correction. The best thing is that it lasts more than 2 years. It is best used in depressed areas underneath the cheeks and temples.
- EMFace– A revolutionary technology that came out in 2022 using HIFES and RF. It works on toning the muscles of the face to provide structure and support to help lift the face, lifting the cheeks, improving the jawline and chin all without surgery or downtime. The RF component of the treatment improves the skin texture and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead. It can be combined with other treatments like Botox/Dysport and dermal fillers for optimal results. It does require a series of 4 treatments every week for optimal results
- Sun Spots – Sun exposure over the years can cause facial blemishes due to excessive pigmentation and the effects of melanin. Most of us are concerned with dark blemishes on our skin. To remove these blemishes and to bring back the luminosity of the skin, the melanin patches on the skin need to be eliminated. Intense Pulse Light, or IPL, can be used to target these pigments. After 3-4 treatments these pigments fall off, leaving the skin clear of these pigments. Alternatively, chemical peels or Cosmelan® Depigmentation treatments can be done to remove pigment if one chooses not to use the laser.
- Laser Resurfacing – Looking run down but not ready for the knife? Laser resurfacing can help erase 5-10 years of sun damage and stress with 1 or 2 treatments. It uses a powerful CO2 laser that erases skin blemishes, tightens the skin, softens lines and wrinkles, lifts the eyebrows, and builds collagen and elastin. It does require some downtime which includes redness and swelling but it avoids surgery and the surgical downtime and complications. So if you need a refresher or a boost whether your wife has been insisting on it for years or you are in the market for a new partner, laser resurfacing may be a wise choice.
A man’s physique is quite important and can be an appealing asset or a huge turnoff. Rejuve offers a complete solution. If you are 30+ pounds overweight, we specialize in different weight loss solutions. The weight loss program that is recommended for anyone with a weight issue is to do a comprehensive consultation with Dr. Tang to learn and understand the root causes of the weight gain. Causes such as poor diet choices, lack of exercise, stress, lack of sleep, hormonal imbalance/deficiency, slow metabolism, vitamin deficiency, gut issues, toxicities can all be evaluated using the proper blood/urine/saliva/stool tests and once revealed Dr. Tang can personalize a treatment plan to address all of the causes to help you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight on a permanent basis. This would improve your health and how you feel forever. Dr. Tang does provide nutritional counseling, hormones like Testosterone and growth hormone, and peptides like Semaglutide, AOD, Mk677, or Sermorelin/Ipamorelin. These hormones and peptides help with weight loss but they improve muscle tone which is great for a man’s physique.
If you just have some pockets of fat in the abdomen, love handles, or even in the chest, we offer Coolsculpting, Sculpsure, EMsculpt Neo to target these fat deposits and permanently remove them with no surgery or downtime. Depending on the size and amount of fat, several treatments may be necessary. As long as your weight is maintained, then these troublesome areas can remain gone for good.
If you are looking to achieve muscle tone and definition and even a six pack in the abdomen, you can consider the EMsculpt Neo which is used to build muscle and bring out all of the tone you had before or have always wished to have. The EMsculpt Neo can be used for multiple body parts including the abdomen, arms, thighs, calves, and buttocks. It does require a series of treatments for optimal results.
Laser Hair Removal for Back/Shoulders/Chest
More than ever before men want to look their best and today over 50% of men have laser hair removal procedures done. Most being sportsmen like athletes, body builders etc., men are in public view a lot and are conscious about their appearance.
Laser hair removal for men is quick (each session may last for a few minutes to over an hour depending on the size of the area being treated) and less time consuming than waxing or other forms of hair removal. It is also cost effective and convenient (1 treatment every 4-6 weeks), and best of all it is permanent. Men want permanent results that last because they do not want come back month and month if they don’t have to. This trend is bound to be popular and continue to grow in years to come.